|Home > Products > Cummins Engines > Cummins ISB|
Cummins ISB Engine
We've taken the Cummins ISB and made it better. Increased fuel economy, and lower emissions and quieter operation are just some benefits you will find in the ISB.
ISB Engine Applications
• Medium Duty Trucks
• Emergency Vehicles
• Dodge Ram
• Superior Performance - The ISB's improved performance is gained through its use of superior diesel engine technology.
• Best Fuel Economy - The ISB continues to have the best fuel economy in its class, even while meeting 2002 EPA certification.
• Low Maintenance Costs - Greater reliability with fewer parts.
The new Cummins technology now has over 1 billion miles of proven performance. We're so confident in the performance of this engine, we're giving an Uptime Guarantee.
• The ISB's Variable Geometry Turbocharger increases responsiveness on all ratings of 245 hp and above.
• Quieter Operation - The rear gear train design reduces engine noise significantly.
• New High Pressure Common-Rail (HPCR) fuel system maintains high injection pressure.
• Runs up to 7 decibels quieter at idle. That's 80% less noise, inside and out.
• Exceptional Power-to-Weight-Ratio - With ratings up to 275 hp and 660 lb-ft of peak torque, from an engine that weighs less than 1,200 lb.
• Clean, Efficient Combustion - 24 valves (4cylinder) with centered fuel injection help ensure complete combustion for maximum efficiency and reduced emissions.
• Coolant flow has been optimized and balanced to reduce cylinder temperature.
• The stiffened engine block enhances durability and reducing noise.
• Improved compression braking from an Integrated Exhaust Brake. For the Dodge Ram the Jacobs Exhaust Brake is available.
• Fully integrated electronic controls using Cummins ECM provide increased performance from all subsystems.
The ISB delivers up to 2% better fuel economy than its predecessor.
• ISB uses fuel that is readily available - unlike competitive diesels that may need expensive, ultra-low sulfur fuels
• No expensive aftertreatment add-ons like a catalyzed soot filter
• Cummins PowerSpec, the online tool that describes each engine feature, gives recommended settings and lets you modify and optimize operation of your Cummins engines.
• Cooled EGR low emission technology provides the best fuel economy alternative.
• Onan's Comfort Guard System is a totally integrated two-cylinder diesel-powered Onan® generator that powers all your auxiliary power needs. This adds up to a savings of 8.5% in fuel costs every year.
• Improve mpg even further, get RoadRelay™ 4, the in-cab monitor that helps drivers improve their own skill level.
Low Maintenance Costs
The ISB provides a more advanced design while maintaining a simpler and more versatile design over it's competition.
• Lower Operating Costs - Thanks to long maintenance intervals combined with a simplified design.
• QuickCheck III allows you see what your engine readings are so there are no more surprises.
ęCummins Inc. . All rights reserved. Cummins and its logo designs are trademarks of Cummins Inc.