|Home > Products > Cummins Engines > Cummins ISC|
Cummins ISC Engine
The ISC is the ideal choice for a broad range of trucks from regional LTL carriers with daycabs, to dump trucks, refuse haulers and mixers. Its performance coupled with weight savings yield a package that is unbeatable.
ISC Engine Applications
• Medium Duty Trucks
• Emergency Vehicles
• Superior Performance. The ISC's improved performance is gained through its use of superior diesel engine technology.
• Best Fuel Economy. The ISC continues to have the best fuel economy in its class, even while meeting 2002 EPA certification.
• Low Maintenance Costs. Greater reliability with fewer parts.
The new Cummins technology now has over 1 billion mile of proven performance. We're so confident in the performance of this engine, we're giving an Uptime Guarantee.
• New High Pressure Common-Rail (HPCR) fuel system maintains high injection pressure regardless of engine speed.
• Multiple Injection Capability makes the ISC up to 34% quieter at operating speeds.
• The ISL's Variable Geometry Turbocharger produces quicker throttle response with less turbo "lag."
• Exceptional Power-to-Weight-Ratio - The ISC's low weight results in class-leading performance for increased payload, delivering up to 315 hp with 900 lb-ft of peak torque.
• The 24-valve cylinder head improves combustion and low-end torque for increased power and faster response.
• Improved compression braking with the fully integrated E Brake by Jacobs.
• 24-Valve Centered Fuel Injection – Four valves per cylinder with vertically positioned injectors for improved performance and increased efficiency with reduced emissions.
Heavy-Duty Design Features – High-strength block and cylinder head, targeted piston cooling, combination full-flow and bypass oil filter and mid-stop cylinder liners.
• Exhaust manifold has been redesigned to relieve metal stress from extreme temperature changes.
• Fully integrated electronic controls using Cummins ECM provide increased performance from all subsystems.
Cummins ISC delivers excellent fuel economy, thanks to its electronically controlled fuel system with advanced air-handling technology.
• To achieve the best fuel economy with Cummins ISC, spec'ing one of our two SmartTorque ratings is a great option.
• Cummins PowerSpec, the online tool that describes each engine feature, gives recommended settings and lets you modify and optimize operation of your Cummins engines.
• Improve mpg even further, get RoadRelay 4, the in-cab monitor that helps drivers improve their own skill level.
• Cooled EGR low emission technology provides the best fuel economy alternative.
• Fuel economy is still driver dependent. LBSC (Load Based Speed Control) can provide up to a 1.5% fuel economy improvement.
• Articulated piston design featuring forged-steel crown and aluminum skirt allows for higher top ring piston, optimizing fuel efficiency.
• Onan's Comfort Guard System is a totally integrated two-cylinder diesel-powered Onan® generator that powers all your auxiliary power needs. This adds up to a savings of 8.5% in fuel costs every year.
• The Symmetrical Piston Bowl and Centered Injectors work to get every ounce of power out of every drop of fuel.
Low Maintenance Costs
Reliability of the ISC has been enhanced.
• The new HPCR fuel system has less than one-fourth the parts of the previous fuel pump.
• A combination full-flow and bypass oil filter increases piston ring and bearing life and comes standard on all ISC engines.
• There’s no need for expensive add on systems, like those used on other engine makes, which increase maintenance costs.
• Lower Operating Costs - Thanks to long maintenance intervals combined with a simplified design.
• Oil drain intervals of up to 50,000 miles are achieved throughout CENTINEL optimized lube system design using the latest in Fleetguard filtration technology.
• Mid-stop cylinder liner minimizes oil consumption and increases durability.
• QuickCheck III allows you see what your engine readings are so there are no more surprises.
• Water-in-fuel sensor alerts driver to contamination that could cause performance and durability problems.
• The "no-adjust" overhead rocker system is designed to go at least 150,000 miles (241,402 km) before checking.
ęCummins Inc. . All rights reserved. Cummins and its logo designs are trademarks of Cummins Inc.