|Cummins B 3.3
Cummins Southern Plains, Ltd.
If you need a diesel engine with the toughness, reliability and durability of a Cummins – in the 60-85 horsepower range – it’s here. Cummins B3.3 is an in-line 4-cylinder diesel with direct injection and your
choice of natural aspiration or turbocharging.
B3.3 Engine Applications
• Superior Performance. The B3.3's improved performance is gained through its use of superior diesel engine technology.
• Best Fuel Economy. The B3.3 continues to have the best fuel economy in its class, even while meeting 2002 EPA certification.
• Low Maintenance Costs. Greater reliability with fewer parts.
• The Cummins B3.3 delivers up to 85 horsepower with 215 lb-ft of torque. That’s as much as you get from many
4-liter engines – in a lighter, less
• Best torque rise in
its class in many applications.
• Direct Injection provides lower fuel consumption, lower heat rejection and quicker starting.
• Parent bore block with rebuildability.
• The B3.3 has a deep, stiff crankcase
and optimized rib arrangement with an
isolated valve cover to reduce noise
emission levels. Plus, Cummins offers
engine options that can help to reduce
the decibels even further.
• Application Flexibility with compact size and selected component options.
• Fan height and ratio choices available.
• SAE "A" PTO options (Front-mount PTO option offers 100%
power for hydraulic applications).
• Intake air heater improves cold weather operation. Other cold start aids available.
• Regardless of whether you order your
B3.3 with or without turbocharging, it
has a low heat rejection rate. This is a
significant factor for a wide range of
small construction equipment.
• Convenient one-side service points
• Fully integrated electronic controls using Cummins ECM provide increased performance from all subsystems.
• Designed to meet Tier 2 emissions requirements
• Maintains the lowest possible cost of installation.
• Fuel injection and air-handling systems improves combustion efficiency, reduces emissions and provides better fuel economy.
The Cummins B3.3 engine have numerous options that make equipment integration easier. Optional features include:
• Cold-start packages, SAE #3 or #4
• Flywheel housings
• Multiple flywheels
• Choice of fan heights, auxiliary pump
• Front PTO drive with 100%
positive displacement air compressor.