Cummins Southern Plains, Ltd.
Having enough horsepower is important, but what’s really critical in your equipment is having the pulling power you need – when you need it.
QSL Engine Applications
• Superior Performance.
The QSL's improved performance is gained through its use of superior diesel engine technology.
• Low Maintenance Costs.
Greater reliability with fewer parts.
• Better Coverage.
One of the simplest and most comprehensive coverage plans anywhere.
• Full-Authority Electronic Controls
offer advanced diagnostics and programming options. The Electronic Control Module is totally programmable, so you can specify performance parameters to exactly match your equipment. It’s a concept we call PowerMatch
. Then, we optimize the engine’s performance with other vehicle components, using the Cummins Advisor
• Cummins Advisor software
builds a virtual model to show how the QSL engine is installed in your equipment then makes sure that all systems work as a team for optimum performance.
• The combination of 24 valves for better "breathing," a patented high-pressure common rail system with centered fuel injectors and a Holset wastegated trubocharger give the QSL responsive power across the engine speed range.
• The QSL's two-piece articulated steel pistons with targeted piston cooling, heavy-duty roller followers and a high-capacity lubrication system are all housed within a structurally reinforced block so rugged it can easily handle the added pressure of a compression brake.
• High-pressure common rail fuel system
delivers exceptional throttle response at any rpm.
• For greater pulling power the QSL comes with a torque rise of up to 50% and 1150 lb-ft of peak torque.
• The QSL is significantly quieter than the larger engines it’s designed to replace.
• Wastegated Turbochargers
are custom-designed by Holset for high-speed ratings. Wastegates provide for better low engine speed performance and high engine speed boost.
• Tier 2/Stage 2 Certified
• Maintains the lowest possible cost of installation.
When it comes to routine maintenance, less is more. And the QSL is designed for less.
• Low-Maintenance Fuel Filter Assembly
- Integrated water separator and water-in-fuel sensor help prevent performance
problems that result from contaminated fuel. A 10-micron filter is designed for filter change intervals of 500 hours – consistent
with oil change intervals.
• The rocker system
is designed so that it won’t need to be checked for at least 5,000 hours of operation.
• Fluid lines
are integrated in the engine block to eliminate leaks and ruptured hoses.
• Accessories (including the fan drive) have been direct-mounted to the block for better alignment with no slippage. This design feature, with an integrated low-mount belt tensioner, remarkably decreases wear and adjustment of the serpentine belt.